2016 We Run the City 5k Run/Walk - November 20
Registration open now!! Funds raised by the We Run the City 5K rivalry run/walk support Special Olympics athletes. Alumni, faculty, fans, staff, and students compete for bragging rights and the We Run the City trophy. Runners will receive a Team USC or UCLA event shirt and a finisher's medal. Runners/walkers who fundraise will have the opportunity to earn more prizes.
Click on the Recreation and Athletics logos for the latest promotions. Click on the Wellness On Campus logo for a listing of campus and community events each week (updated every Monday).
How to request an a account:
Submit account request- please note that account approval can take up to 2 business days.Once your account is approved you will receive an email of account approval, you can login and request space. *Note that because a space appears to be open, there are a few other factors that may be pending the approval of your request and a request does not constitute a confirmed reservation. If you have any questions, please call (310) 825-3588 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To process paperwork and acquire the necessary approvals, UCLA Recreation requires a minimum notice.
UCLA Registered Campus Organizations and Departments
Meeting = 5 business days*
Event = 10 business days
Off Campus Groups/Individuals = 20 business days.
Any request submitted outside of minimum notice listed above will be reviewed if possible. Due to logistics and planning constraints, approval may not be possible.
*Meetings are classified as a group gathering that does not require food permits, fire permits, or other attributes requiring special permissions.
UCLA has two full-service catering operations within the university that are the preferred caterer. Outside catering is also available. Please contact your event manager for details.
• ASUCLA Catering: http://legacy.asucla.ucla.edu/catering/
• UCLA Catering: http://www.uclacatering.com/
General Rental Guidelines
• Any event considered by UCLA Recreation to be potentially harmful to the public image of UCLA in any way will not be allocated space.
• UCLA Recreation reserves the right to determine the potential harm to facilities and may reject said request.
• The scheduling of events will be based on facility availability and approval by UCLA Recreation. There may also be a review by other department-supported committees.
• All events will be negotiated by UCLA Recreation, which will determine the extent of personnel required to safeguard event attendees, as well as the university's interest.
• UCLA Recreation must have the appropriate contract for each request.
• University departments/academic units must present a completed recharge five business days in advance of the event, or the event will be cancelled.
• Groups renting a facility will be held financially responsible for any special cleaning, maintenance or repair resulting from the event or activity.
• Groups renting a facility are required to observe all applicable policies of UCLA Recreation and UCLA, and all local, state and federal laws.
• UCLA Recreation is not responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged property belonging to those who attend an event while within our facilities.
Rental Fees & Associated Charges
General Public: Off-Campus Rate
Recognized UCLA Student Groups: Direct Costs Only
University Departments/Academic Units: On-Campus Rate
Space Rental Fees: The length of the rental period includes preparation, set-up and strike/clean-up times.
Event Operation Charges: In addition to the rental fee, the rental group is responsible for all direct labor costs incurred by UCLA Recreation that are necessary for the proper operation and maintenance of the facility. These costs include, but are not limited to, equipment rental, facility operations staff, environmental services staff, ushering, lifeguards, paramedics, security, traffic personnel, sport officials and scoreboard operators. The amount of staff assigned to an event will be determined based on the size and nature of the event. Rental groups will also be charged for any special cleaning, maintenance or repair resulting from the event or activity.
After-Hours Charges: In addition to the rental and event operation fees, any group that schedules an event outside of a facility's regular operating hours must pay the personnel costs incurred in keeping the facility open beyond its’ regular operating hours.
Equipment Charges: Additional charges will be assessed for any equipment (e.g. scoreboards, audio/visual systems, podiums, tables, chairs) the group requests and that we are able to provide.
Explore the spaces we have available
Thank you for your interest in reserving space at our facilities.