The Sunset Canyon Park Pool is an outdoor 50-meter pool with a diving well. There are eight lap lanes available. Please refer to the signs at the end of each lane to make sure you enter the correct lane based upon your speed and swim equipment. Circle swim is required. Patrons may only use the pool during recreational swimming hours. The diving boards are available for diving classes and athletic teams only.
**Children must have passed their 14th birthday in order to be allowed in the water, on deck, or on the grass area.**
Recreational Swimming Hours:
For detailed dates and times, please click here.
Lockers are available for purchase at the John Wooden Center Sales & Cashiering desk. After receiving a receipt, go to the Sunset Canyon Recreation Center front desk where you will be issued a combination lock for a locker at the Park Pool.
No towel service available.
You may check out kickboards, pull buoys, fins and hand paddles by turning in your Bruin ID or your Rec Card to the SCRC front desk.
Click here for more information on renting the SCRC Park Pool.
Click here to view the campus map.
SCRC Park Pool Use and Safety Rules:
- Swimming is permitted only when an authorized SCRC Lifeguard is on duty.
- Swimmers should soap shower before entering the pool.
- Persons with bandages or open sores will not be permitted in the pools.
- Swimmers should be dressed in clothing specifically designed for swimming (i.e. no cut off shorts, t-shirts, etc.)
- NO PROLONGED BREATH HOLDING OR PROLONGED UNDERWATER SWIMMING.
- Food and drink are confined to the grass and picnic areas.
- SCRC is a non-smoking environment. All smoking is prohibited.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- Glass objects are not permitted in the pool, on the deck areas or in the locker rooms.
- Users of the Park Pool and surrounding areas must have passes their 14th birthday.
- Swimming is prohibited in all diving wells when divers are present.
- Floatation devices, toys, balls, and other foreign objects are prohibited in the pools. For lap swimming, use of kickboards, hand paddles, pull buoys, masks, fins, snorkels, and swim belts are permissible. These articles must be used for their designed purpose and in the assigned lanes only. Please see the lifeguard for assistance.
- Circle pattern swimming is required in designated lanes.
- Stay off the safety lines and lane lines.
- Ball games and other hazardous activities are prohibited in the pools and on the decks and grass areas near the pools. Running, dunking, pushing, piggyback rides, and stunts off the side are considered hazardous activities (as well as others deemed so by the lifeguard on duty).
- Diving from the side of the Park Pool is permitted only from the south-east deep end. Starting blocks and diving boards are for competitive team use during scheduled practices and competition only.
- Instruction by the Lifeguards and Supervisors must be obeyed at all times.