North Pool at Kaufman Hall
Recreational Swimming Hours:
View the current rec swim hours under "Rec News".
Purchase locker at the John Wooden Center Sales & Cashiering desk. Take receipt to the Student Activity Center front desk and they will issue a lock and combination for a locker at the North Pool.
Available for daily checkout.
The North Pool is located on the north side of Kaufman Hall. Click here to view the Campus Map.
Programs conducted at the North Pool include:
- Bruin Swim Club (kids swim club)
- Swim Classes (Page 17 of Activity Guide)
- Recreational Swimming
- Water Aerobics (shallow water) (Page 18 of Activity Guide)
- Lifeguarding Courses
- CPR for Professional Rescuer Courses
North Pool Use and Safety Rules
- Swimming is permitted only when an authorized UCLA Lifeguard is on duty.
- Swimmers should soap shower before swimming.
- Persons with bandages or open sores will not be permitted in the pool.
- Swimmers must be dressed in clothing specifically designed for swimming (i.e. no cut off shorts, t-shirts, etc.)
- NO PROLONGED BREATH HOLDING OR PROLONGED UNDERWATER SWIMMING.
- Food, drink, and glass objects are prohibited in the pool area and locker room.
- Open recreation swim is limited to persons 18 years of age or older only.
- Floatation devices, toys, balls, and other foreign objects are prohibited in the pools. For lap swimming, use of kickboards, hand paddles, pull buoys, masks, fins, snorkels, and swim belts is permissible. These articles must be used for their designed purpose and in assigned lanes only. Please see the lifeguard for assistance.
- Circle pattern swimming is required in designated lanes.
- Hazardous activities are prohibited. Running, dunking, pushing, piggyback rides, flips, and stunt off the side are hazardous activities (as well as others deemed so by the lifeguard on duty).
- Diving is permitted only at the deep end. Do no dive from the side of the pool into the lane lines or from the shallow end.
- Starting blocks are for competitive team use during scheduled practice and competition only.
- Instruction by the lifeguards and/or supervisor on duty must be obeyed at all times.