Strength and Conditioning Zone
Open Workout Hours:
Monday - Thursday 5:30am-10:45am
FITWELL Staff are available for assistance.
Personal Fitness Training also available. To get more information, please click here or call (310) 825-8667.
For your health and safety, please adhere to the following policies:
- You must be at least 16 years of age to use the cardio and weight rooms.
- Towels, full back shirts and fully enclosed athletic shoes must be worn at all times
- No food, gum, or beverages except water.
- Backpacks and bags are not allowed on the S&C Zone floor. All personal belongings must be stored in a locker.
- Wipe-off equipment after each use.
- Report any equipment or maintenance problems to staff.
- Return dumbbells, barbells, plates and all other equipment to appropriate storage locations.
- Dumbbells, plates and bars should not be dropped from any height or leaned against walls. All power lifting descents must be controlled to the floor.
- Bumper plates only on powerlifting platform.
- Spotters are recommended for all free weight exercises performed over the head, face, or chest.
- All equipment must remain in the S&C Zone.
- Small equipment is available for checkout at the FITWELL desk.
- Do not throw medicine balls against walls, windows, or ceilings.
- Allow others to use equipment while resting between sets.
- 30 minute time limit on all cardio equipment when others are waiting.
- On the courtyard jump boxes, do not jump from box to box. Contact must be made with the floor in between jumps.
- Only UCLA Recreation Personal Fitness Trainers may conduct training sessions in the John Wooden Center.
- Follow all staff directions.
- For special accommodations visit the FITWELL Desk.
Enjoy your workout!