Student Activities Center Pool
The Student Activities Center Pool is an eight lane, 33-yard outdoor pool with depths ranging from 4 feet to 12 feet. The moveable bulkhead allows for the pool to be set up for 25-yards or 25 meters. Formerly known as the Men's Gym in the 1930's, the SAC Pool is the home of intercollegiate athletics until the new Spieker Aquatics Center opens in September 2009. It now plays host to our UCLA Bruin Masters Swim Club, the Bruin Swim Club, intramurals, and student club teams.
Recreational Swimming Hours:
For detailed dates and times, please click here.
Lockers are available for purchase at the John Wooden Center Sales & Cashiering desk. After receiving a receipt, go to the Student Activity Center front desk where you will be issued a combination lock for a locker.
Available for daily checkout at the Student Activity Center front desk.
Click here for more information on renting the Student Activities Center Pool.
The SAC Pool is located at the south end of the building. Click here to view the campus map.
SAC Pool Use and Safety Rules
- Swimming is permitted only when an authorized UCLA Lifeguard is on duty.
- Swimmers should soap shower before swimming.
- Persons with bandages or open sores will not be permitted in the pool.
- Swimmers must be dressed in clothing specifically designed for swimming (i.e. no cut off shorts, t-shirts, etc.)
- NO PROLONGED BREATH HOLDING OR PROLONGED UNDERWATER SWIMMING.
- Food, drink, and glass objects are prohibited in the pool area and locker room.
- Open recreation swim is limited to persons 18 years of age or older only.
- Floatation devices, toys, balls, and other foreign objects are prohibited in the pools. For lap swimming, use of kickboards, hand paddles, pull buoys, masks, fins, snorkels, and swim belts is permissible. These articles must be used for their designed purpose and in assigned lanes only. Please see the lifeguard for assistance.
- Circle pattern swimming is required in designated lanes.
- Hazardous activities are prohibited. Running, dunking, pushing, piggyback rides, flips, and stunt off the side are hazardous activities (as well as others deemed so by the lifeguard on duty).
- Diving is permitted only at the deep end. Do no dive from the shallow end or the bulkhead.
- Starting blocks are for competitive team use during scheduled practice and competition only.
- Swimming underneath the bulkhead is prohibited.
- Instruction by the lifeguards and/or supervisor on duty must be obeyed at all times.