Student Leadership Employee Advisory Council
The Student Leadership Employee Advisory Council is made up of a minimum of 12 students appointed from the program, facility, or service they represent (i.e., Intramurals, FIT, Aquatics, MAC, etc.) within C.R.A. Each of the at large members must have prior participation and involvement in the programs and services of C.R.A. At large members are appointed by a Manager, Assistant Director, Associate Director or Director with C.R.A.
The purpose of the Student Leadership Employee Advisory Council is to provide an opportunity for student involvement with Recreation related business in an advisory role, interaction with professional staff and to promote student employee leadership development. The Council is charged with the responsibility to:
- Advise the Recreation staff as to changes in the interpretation of rules and policies governing specific Recreation programs;
- Serve as a sounding board for all Recreation programs and services;
- Advise the Recreation staff of needed additions/improvements to Recreation facilities;
- Promote and participate in student leadership development opportunities for Recreation student staff;
- Promote and organize special events to recognize student employee service and achievement; and
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Recreation.