Personal Fitness Training on the premises of any UCLA Recreation facility is restricted to UCLA Recreation Personal Fitness Trainers (PFT) only. Any participant who is conducting or is suspected of conducting personal fitness training with a patron in a UCLA Recreation facility and who is not a UCLA Recreation PFT will have membership privileges reviewed and/or revoked. An individual may be suspected of personal fitness training if he/she does (but is not limited to) the following:
- Assisting a patron with equipment and adjustments.
- Writing and/or designing a program for a patron.
- Explaining and providing exercise technique to a patron or group of patrons.
- Meeting with the same individual on a frequent basis.
- Meeting with several different individuals within a given time period.
- Directing exercise order for a patron.
- Collecting or receiving payment from a patron for a session.
- Assisting a patron with spotting, technique or any specific instruction but not exercising with that individual.
- All required forms must be completed, current, and on-file prior to each session.
- All forms expire 6 months from completion date or as medical history or payment method changes.
- All clients must wear appropriate footwear and clothing to each session.
- Clients must bring proof of purchase to each session
Personal fitness trainer or instructor must be notified at
least 24 hours in advance of a scheduled appointment. You must receive verbal
confirmation of cancellation from the trainer or instructor. If you do not
appear for a scheduled appointment or fail to give 24 hours notice, you will be
charged for the full session.
All sessions expire
one year after the date of purchase. Free 30-Minute Consultation Coupons expire after six months.
that have not expired are eligible for a refund minus a $25 processing fee.