Hiring Sessions

When: Group hiring sessions are held every Tuesday at 1pm and every Friday at 12pm in the Main Conference Room (2nd floor of the Wooden Center).  Sessions last approximately 2 hours.  Before attending the hiring session, please make sure that you have accepted your work study funding on your EFAN.

What to bring: Please visit this link.  All documents must be original and unexpired. Photocopies will not be accepted.



1. How many hours per week can I work?

Students can work up to 19.6 hours per week during the academic year and 40 hours per week during the summer. Non-student employees can work up to 17 hours per week.

2.  What is the hiring process and why is it important?

Once you’ve received an offer of employment from UCLA Recreation, it is important that you attend a hiring session for two main reasons: (1) we need you to fill out a hiring packet so we can set up your profile in UCLA’s employee database, and (2) we are unable to process a paycheck until you do so. 

3.  What do I do if I can't attend hiring sessions?

You can contact either Lara Javate at ljavate@recreation.ucla.edu or Isabel Garcia at igarcia@recreation.ucla.edu to set up an appointment. Include your name, your supervisor’s name and your availabilities.


4.  Can I start working before a hiring session?  


No.  You must attend a hiring session before your first day of work.



1. How do I view my pay online?

You can view your earnings statement or pay stub by logging into the At Your Service Online Portal.  For inquiries regarding pay rate please contact your supervisor.

2. How long will it take to get paid?

Eight business days after the end of a pay period. Please check the Payday Calendar for paydays.  If you do not receive a check/direct deposit on the scheduled payday, please contact Lara Javate at ljavate@recreation.ucla.edu

3. Where do I pick up my paycheck?

Paychecks can be picked up at the Campus Life reception window (2nd floor of the Wooden Center). Bring a photo ID. Our hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5pm.  To learn more about your paycheck/pay stub, please visit UCLA's finance page

4. Can I get my paycheck mailed to me?

Yes. You need to sign a Check Authorization Form, and leave a self-addressed stamped envelope at the Campus Life reception window (2nd floor of the Wooden Center).

5. I picked up an old check that is now expired. What do I do?

To get your check re-issued, bring the check and a photo ID to UCLA Payroll Services. Their office is located at 10920 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 620, Los Angeles, CA 90024. Their hours are Monday to Friday, 7:30am to 3pm.

6. How do I submit my timesheet?

You can submit your timesheets at https://trs.it.ucla.edu

7. How do I add time to an old timesheet?

To submit a late timesheet, please select the pay period you want to claim hours for under “Create Past Pay Periods Timesheet.”

8. I don't have a timesheet for that pay period, how do I create one?

Please contact Lara Javate at ljavate@recreation.ucla.edu for assistance.

9. Someone told me I could get my retirement money back after I leave this job, how do I do that?  

Once you leave UCLA, you will receive a letter from Fidelity Investments about your retirement fund. Check At Your Service to ensure that we have your most current address. For specific questions about your account, you can contact Fidelity Retirement Services by visiting  www.mysavingsatwork.com or by calling (866)682-7787.

10. How do I retrieve my password if I can't remember it?

You can reset your password here.


Direct Deposit

1.  How do I set up direct deposit?

There are two ways:

a)  Employees are able to add and update their own direct deposit information in At Your Service Online portal.

b)  Complete a Payroll Check Disposition Form at the Business Suite/Campus Life reception window (2nd floor of the Wooden Center).

2.  How long does it take direct deposit to go into effect?

2- 4 weeks.  You will receive a paper check during that time.


Tax Information

If you're an International Student:

International students are required to update their GLACIER record after their initial hire. GLACIER is a secured web-based Nonresident Alien (NRA) tax compliance system that foreign visitors can use to provide their immigrant and tax data to UCLA via the internet 24 hours a day.   Employees will receive an email from support@online-tax.net with instructions. They must enter their Information on GLACIER within 7 days of receiving the email.   

I need help figuring out what allowances or exemptions to claim on my W-4 

To figure out what allowances or exemptions to claim on your W-4, you can use the “Personal Allowance Worksheet” (for federal taxes) and “Worksheet A: Regular Withholding Allowances” (for California taxes)

Where can I get a copy of my W-2?

You can print your W-2 from the At Your Service Portal


Training and Development Calendar

Additional Resources

For directions to the Occupational Health Facility (67-120 CHS) from the John Wooden Center, click here.